Tuesday, June 3, 2008

breathe in....exhale

Thankfully there's a little bit of time from June until around August when the fall sports practices heat up. Literally. I'm a Legion baseball fan. But only as a spectator. I refuse to write about baseball, as it's the only pure outlet which remains. And the expansion of High School baseball is eroding that to. High School baseball has already began to wear out players. Can you blame them?

With school being out for a few day's or weeks depending on the town your in, Legion season has already begun. I refuse to sit down and research this. But take about 20 some odd games in HS add in 50 legion games and by the time July 4th rolls around most HS baseball players in the Legion program are begging for football to begin. It's to bad, and not the kids fault in my eyes.

I'd be curious to hear what a parent or coach thinks about this, but seriously is it for the good of the kids?

No comments: