Saturday, May 10, 2008

Fargo Moorhead Liberty kickoff first and the last?

It's 35 degrees and snowing in Fargo. Today marks the Minnesota fishing opener and game one of the Fargo-Moorhead Liberty football at MSU. Scheduled to kick off at 3:30PM and carried on AM 740 The FAN in Fargo.

Is it bad karma that its snowing nobody will be there in the stands? If its Mothers Day weekend and snowing the only way Fargo Moorhead people go outside is fishing.

I looked again at the roster and former NDSU Bison QB Tony Stauss is the NAME on the team, but if I'm not mistaken it's been three years since he took a snap or live hit.

I'm trying my best to stay positive, but I just think this very well might be the first day of Liberty football of their last season. In full disclosure I've a ticket for the game, but will listen to the call on the radio. Again, if I was going to sit outside on a day like today, it would be to catch a walleye.